PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 9th Dec 2009, 15:53
mckpave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many technical papers have been written and published that discuss such matters....guess I will have to do a google search or hit up some of the military web sites....perhaps download the Manuals such as the Army FM series that pertain.

I suppose it would come as a rude shock and surprise to everyone if we mentioned Spectre, Warthog, Jet Powered Lawn Darts, and even the Marine equivalents of Cobra, Harrier, Hornet.

The question is not the resources/assets but availability and response time required to counter the hostile fire. Fast movers don't meet that requirement. The Warthog could if it were in exactly the right position....and the Cobra/Apache could if flying on the wing....but we know that is a matter of timing as they cannot keep up the speedy Osprey.

Maybe, maybe not. It may be the case that tactics development is an on-going and dynamic community and it can take years for open-source documents to be published, if ever. I'm sure that was the same when you served as well.

I will not in anyway discuss tactical issues on this, or any public forum, maybe that's a "rude shock and surprise" to some on here but it's pretty plain and simple.