PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interviews!
Thread: Interviews!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2002, 03:00
bingo was his name

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, some people really know how to bring down the tone of a forum!

I am so tired of people slagging of VB f/a’s. To those who run around these forums sprouting things about the ‘unprofessional’ antics of VB f/a’s (e.g. SteveMelb and his neighbour’s life jacket demonstration tale), either inform VB and CASA re. your concerns through the correct channels, or keep it to yourself. What do you think writing your concerns on this forum is going to do? I personally like to read them, but what do you think posting them here is actually going to achieve? Furthermore, maybe people should actually pay attention to the old adage, ‘take everything with a grain of salt’. Most people’s concerns about VB are second hand, hearsay, dare I say it, gossip. As in SteveMelb’s case, his information comes from his neighbour. What next? My second cousin’s auntie’s boyfriend’s uncle (through marriage) was on a VB flight recently and blah blah blah happened. Also, people always accompany their very serious VB ‘safety related concerns’ with some derogatory comment about the ‘blonde bimbo of an f/a’ - which from my perspective, does nothing to substantiate and support your case. Rather, people who do this come across looking very insecure.

To those who are brandishing Exotic Temptress a bimbo -

… if you took the time to read her posts, you would actually realise she comes across as a very articulate person. Her spelling is virtually immaculate, her comments concise and worthwhile. Not the bimbo many would have us believe. And also, those that are rudely saying that Exotic Temptress is some sort ‘harlequin’ just because of her name, and are crudely saying that because of her nickname she “fits the VB mould”, grow up. It is a name, not a biography.

Sorry for the length and general ranting of my post, but I have been lurking around these forums for many a month and have a lot to say. I am slowly seeing the dynamics and structure of this forum deteriorate from one in which people posted info about recruitment, helped others with contacts, interviews and so on to a virtual slagging match. Everyone is welcome, but you have to accept the opinions of others and move on.

Thanks.