PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right - here we go. NPPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 23:21
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right - here we go. NPPL

Hello,

Before anyone asks, I don't meet the Class 2 and 1 requirements but I have been signed off for a NPPL.

First off, were do I go? I have got 3hrs30minutes, 2 on the PA28, and my first landing on 3rd flight and first flight in PA38 I completed my first landing, with 1hr 30 minutes. With about 4000 in the FS toy.

1) So I need a club/airfield that has PA28s and is near London and is very cheap, I am not looking to travel to New york and back so anything Surrey, Essex, Kent, Sussex etc

2) What do I need to buy to complete the NPPL? Please list what Is required for me to complete my training, examinations etc, and if possible please point me to them on transair or pooleys. Charts probably wont be an issue, I have Jeppesen.

3)Is spinning compulsory, now I know those will probably say just do it - becuase if further on in my flying I hit a spin and I am on my own, It will kill me becuase I won't know. I feel a bit scared doing it.

4) Can I get my current hours logged onto my NPPL as hours, I've got the dates somewere that I flew - so I could add them to a logbook when I get that, and get them signed off by the Instructor/pilot.

5) The additional ratings I can get with further training what are these? Anything I could fly like a twin prop that flys over London every sunday? Or am I beating on the wrong track?

Kindest Regards,

Robbie