PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 22:25
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posting here over the years leads me to realise that this thread is just one big willy waving fest. If one is to take a cool impartial look,one would say that there are two airports seperated by 12 miles as the crow flies serving a small population and both are fundamentally looking to go to the same places with little or nothing to choose between them. In this new world of climate change and government(central not the fools on the hill)announcing that airline passenger numbers must be REDUCED there has to be a case which can be argued for CO-OPERATION rather than competition. BFS has the perfect set up for H24 ops and BHD has the perfect location for business travellers to the central Belfast area. I remain to be persuaded that RYR aren't just leading a race to the bottom and that they by dint of having deeper pockets will survive whilst other less cash rich operations will implode. Thats life you may say but what will happen when choice is extinguished? Will there still be the headline 1p fares? Will there be a choice of destinations at all?

I truly believe that the status quo should prevail. Whether it will and how soon we see the detrimental effects if it doesn't remains to be seen.

Last edited by eastern wiseguy; 8th Dec 2009 at 23:24. Reason: clarity