PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.A. FCO on checking on pilots every 20 mins.
Old 24th Jun 2002, 02:07
HugMonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigBrutha - while 3 hours is really not acceptable, there has to be a reason for it. I can think of several possibilities. (a) The CC were rushed off their feet the whole time (b) One of the flight deck crew had really upset them and they were making a point (c) They'd all had their throats cut (d) etc.

Before it goes anything like that long, I would suggest that you are obliged by all sorts of concerns to call THEM and find out what's happening, not sit there counting the minutes and working out if you're going to report them.

You say they don't thank you for getting them home safely. Do you thank them for looking after you on the way home? For keeping your passengers happy and contented?

We're all part of the same team. I detect an element of "we're the important ones, they're there to look after us and they should be grateful for the opportunity to do so" in your post. If I am reading too much into it, then I apologise, but that's the way it came across to me. Perhaps other communications of yours have been similarly misinterpreted in the past, hence your problem and you could perhaps examine how you communicate?