PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is your helicopter carbon footprint?
Old 8th Dec 2009, 20:15
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate?

What saddens me about the daft lot currently plotting away in Copenhagen is their refusal to consider what is observable around them. As a graduate ex Geomorphologist, I won't trot out any of a few hundred technical facts, but why don't these guys ask themselves why ... just ten thousand years ago, you could walk from England to France on the ice sheet. Not too many artificial C02 producers around then.

Rising sea levels? Then take a drive down to Devon. Ask yourself why the river valleys are 'drowned' something that started around a million years ago as the land sank.

Sure the water level is rising in the Thames Estuary ... About one tenth of an inch a year due to the land sinking as it has done since the ice left. Ask the manager of the Thames Barrier.

Yes - the climate is changing. It would be hard to believe if it remained static and there's nothing in nature that I can think of that does that. We're currently in the fourth 'integlacial' period and heading for some warmth which should please the inhabitants of Scandinavia!

Heaven help our pockets once these 'consensus' guys get their way and as I've noted on this subject before, only a creature as conceited as man could really believe he can change the nature of this planet. Yes surely let us clean up our act and reduce our polution but not because we're warming up the atmosphere.

And hey ... soon the Vikings will be able to resume the agricultural lifestyle they once enjoyed in Greenland!

Mandatory reading .... Global Warming. ISBN 978-1-59698-501-8 by Chris Horner.

Chill out all.

Dennis K