PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 14:41
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Reg I have been sitting back (having a rest) and reading the extremely interesting contributions of Angels, Johnfair, Wiley etc. Particularly Angels posts covering ground staff. However, we still require a Navigator , a Bomb Aimer, and (wishful thinking ?) a member of the Luftwaffe. I did follow up an excellent suggestion of Regle’s and emailed the German Embassy , but no results so far. Surely we have at least one reader in Germany , who could supply email addresses of Luftwaffe ex servicemen’s associations. I am prepared to type a request in English, email to that reader, who could interpret and pass on. If any one in Germany would like to post on this thread or to P.M me they would be more than welcome. To P.M me click ,USER CP above, click control panel. Click send new message (I hope)

in military aviation could read them in the years ahead; any chance that the central story threads could be grouped together in the History & Nostalgia section?
An excellent idea Armymover, but collecting collating and typing would be a very time consuming job. I do know that one or two people who have P.Md me have extracted and printed sections, they may be willing to help ?Any offers ?

With regard to the A.C1, AC2. L.AC. Discussion, I stand to be corrected, but, as I understand it these were trade classifications with L.A.C being the highest trade classification the R.A.F could award. The titles A.C1 and L.A.C (leading aircraftsman) were awarded according to marks achieved in the trade exam. Therefore an L.A.C. engines could be as equally skilled as a ‘Chiefy’ engines
As an example , after the war finished , I and many others were posted to R.A.F Kirkham on an equipment assistant’s course. Most of us were uninterested and on examination, narrowly scraped through as A.C1s