PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 8th Dec 2009, 12:45
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EK4457 to an extent I agree with you, but ole beaky here is saying that by paying for a type your are destroying the market. I am simply pointing out that one way or another you pay for your type. As they say there is no such thing as a free lunch. Lets also not pretend that those companies that do pay for your type are doing it from the kindness of their hearts, they do it because its a lovely tax write off and they can save on FO costs at the same time.

Having been here for nigh on 2.5 years I can say that the treatment could be better but thats a fact of most companies and when I chat to friends and family they say exactly the same thing about their companies both here in the UK, Europe and to the Far East and Australia.

For the record pay during the first 500 hours is respectable. I never struggled to put food on the table once and managed to pay down the type rating loan.

What I take issue with is the Beaks constant assertions that RYR is SOLEY to blame for the current state of pilots remuneration! Its not and to believe that is stupid in the extreme. Rather MOL represents what has become of all management positions recently where the all might dollar is the most overriding concern above all else.

Need we look at other carriers for example? A quick browse through pprune reveals that most companies are doing exactly what RYR has done.

Then we have these moronic assertions by beak that having a 737 rating is worthless and that having time on a JAR 25 aircraft is also worthless. Gee I better go and tell the companies that I interviewed with that some jumped up little twerp who because his airline went tits up feels that he has to tell all asunder how to operate their lives!

I agree with WWW on this that now is not the time to start training but if you have that little ticket in your hands then realistically at the moment RYR is pretty much the only game in town. Why should people be berated called whores and scabs for simply trying to do what is best by themselves and families?

Surely as beak has on many times avoided answering during the boom years no one cared one iota how you got there and indeed it was simply a race to see who could spend the most money and get into a shiny jet asap. Now the tables have turned and pilots are under attack due to an oversupply of said pilots Beak wants everyone to stop what they are doing because he is out of a job. Sorry doesn't work. He took the risk and now that risk has bitten him in the ass.

Does RYR have issues? Yes, is it a bad place to work? No. Would I recommend it to a family member? Yes as at the moment what choice do you have? Have I enjoyed my time at RYR? Definitely and I can thank them for being in the position I am in now and for that I am grateful.

Last edited by Rhodes13; 8th Dec 2009 at 13:00.