PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Facts about working for Qatar.
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 11:22
MigratoryBird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSS

SSS said:

Like Random75 says....Please, please....if you want to discuss the finer points about what YOU don't like about Qatar Airways then please start your own thread. Researching Qatar (to name but one!) becomes quite a bore when you have to spend 99% of the time wading through peoples moans....
Dear SSS:

i appreciate that you are looking for "Facts about working for Qatar", and i am like you, one of the people that try to stick to the simple facts. just take a look at my other posts, and you will see that this is my attitude.

however, if i am researching for info, i normally like to hear all sides of the argument, and i don't favour answers that just tell me what i want to hear.

your roster is YOUR LIFE, meaning that, the quality of your lifestyle in this place will be greatly affected by how much you fly, where you fly, patterns, sign-on time, 4 sector days, overnight flying, etc.

so, although it might seem to you that i am just wingeing about rostering practices, i am stating a proven fact that might affect you if you ever decide to come to this place.

it looks like you are being offered an A320 position. i am good friends with some of the A320 guys, and their lifestyle sucks because of their roster. that is also a "Hard Fact".

all info is useful. so please, don't tell other people that are trying to help you get a full picture about QR to start another thread.

i hope that you get what you are researching for