PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2009, 11:05
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bristol Council off to Copenhagen

The council leader and party are flying to Copenhagen.

My previous post mentioned it in order to highlight the hypocritical stance of the leader of the council who objects to Bristol Airport expanding but is willing to fly when it suits her.

She wasn't asked which airport she would be using in the local radio interview that I heard. I doubt very much it was Bristol unless the Amsterdam or Paris link was used.

She may subscribe to the view of the StopBristolAirportExpansion lot that Heathrow can provide all the real needs of people from the Bristol region.

Long Haul

I agree with B_T about long haul. I believe the airport is realistic in its view that the potential for regular scheduled long haul destinations is limited.

It was a great shame when the LH service to Frankfurt was withdrawn. In the last airport consultative committee meeting minutes (October) CEO Robert Sinclair, in answer to a question, said he believed the service would return but not in the next twelve months.

This seems to confirm the words of the LH UK chief who said at the time of the route withdrawal that she could not see circumstances where it would return in 2010.