PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does it bother you if we come back for a chat and what about Electronic ciggies
Old 8th Dec 2009, 10:56
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a longhaul aircraft where there is alternative crew rest then chatting in the galley is fine.

Just be mindful though a galley is a work area and one of the only places on the aircraft that crew can get some personal space. On smaller aircraft passengers occupying a galley can deprive crew of their access to crew rest or ability to have a meal. As nice as we are, we have to eat too especially when we are working and on our feet for long hours.

The only practice I discourage is when passengers gather to chat amoung themselves in the galley area. It obstructs our ability to access service items at a time we need to be working, and also means we have no space for ourselves.

Galleys are dangerous confined places, I've been injured in them more times than I care to admit and having extra bodies in there does pose an increased risk to both crew and passengers. Please be courteous and vacant any galley area when crew are working, they need space to set up carts and safely move hot items around. Please keep small children out of the galley areas, its not a safe place for them to play.

Last edited by AirborneSoon; 9th Dec 2009 at 00:05.