PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 8th Dec 2009, 08:34
Rhodes13

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beak but surely joining on a reduced salary you were in effect paying for your type rating as well?

Why shouldn't you have been paid full salary from day one? After all the company is profiting from you as they have to provide the sims and trainers and they get you for a pittance whilst you're on your reduced "cadet salary" Tell me were you still not piloting the aircraft and performing duties as described?

As for the no risk from you I think you'll find if you left the company/ failed the type you would have been personally responsible for the debt you now owe the company which would have charged a premium for the said type.

It seems you contradict yourself more and more with your ever increasing posts! I still notice you gloss over the other companies I mention and the fact that you helped perpetuate what the companies started by joining the likes of OAA! And once again you are factually wrong in stating that RYR started the whole pay for type rating stuff. It was around in the 70's! How do I know, well my former employer openly bragged about buying his first type on a 707 and then working for Air Berlin! How does that fit into your whole theory Beaky?

As to being persecuted perhaps if you didn't espouse so much crap people would lay off you!

As to be the young chap out of base care to explain how is down on where he should be? As to barely breaking even having done that a few times I know for a fact you can normally bank about half to a 1/3 of your extra allowances by being sensible, not bad for a bit of a change.