PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Nervous Flyer Thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 23:13
keltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My main concern is crossing the ITCZ in March. The more I read about the area, the more scared I get. Flying at night makes me quite uneasy. I will be crossing the same area where AF447 went down. I have the feeling that a climatic monster is hidden out there. I know about the weather radars, but the french plane disaster makes me think why, why, why....I have tried not think about it, as If it hadnīt occured. But fours before my flight my mind is usually full of dark images.

I have booked first class, Madrid-Rio de Janeiro, just to feel more relaxed and during the day, but I am really scared about flying back at night on the 5th april from GRU. I know probably Iberia planes cross the area more than anyone else, and that they know how to handle with the situation, but however I am not happy about it. I have talked to a flight attendant who crosses the area regularly and she keeps me telling that she never had encountered a strong turbulence. So itīs relieving. I can cope well with flying now, but I donīt have information enough about this area, and I am getting quite obsessed with it.

I think any turbulence in the area, or lightening around will make think about AF. I will try to sleep, some pills as well before getting into the ITCZ.