PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB investigating possible nodding off of Northwest pilots
Old 7th Dec 2009, 22:21
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've notice that when it comes to apportioning blame you are quite keen to get in there early.
And your point One Outsider? All I asked was who had the key to the jet?

I along with the majority of my colleagues come from the old school of aviation... the company give us the keys to the jet, and thus our responsibility.

By my citations are merely observations based on information, facts and statements by all parties.

I think we can agree that all of the aircraft systems as it relates to communications and navigation were fully functional and operational.

Now if you are of the opinion as to the crew acting in accordance with their SOPs, please share. By the way One Outsider, do you have a set of Delta Operations Manuals? If so, can you please cite the section where it is company procedure to be out of radio contact for more than 80 minutes??? overfly one's clearance limits??? not have a clue as to where one is??? or it's ATCs responsibility to remind the crew to stay in radio contact or maintain situational awareness? Help me out here.

Last edited by captjns; 7th Dec 2009 at 22:31.