PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerobatic Instruction, Northamptonshire & Surounding
Old 7th Dec 2009, 22:12
Mark1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okie, in that case, I'm going to change my tune a little; go fly the R2160. If it was nearer me, I'd fly it too!

Why? It's nosewheel, and not dissimilar to what you're used to. You could probably be checked out on it in a couple of hours, and it's a decent tourer too. It also spins rather well. If you go for any of the tailwheels, it will take a bit of time - tailwheel isn't intrinsically difficult, but neither the extra or the pitts are the easiest tailwheels. It's also side by side, which is nicer for instruction, and more convenient if you want to take pax.

I've also flown the Eurostars (well, the sportstar, but it's the same a/c). R2160 is less sensitive in pitch, and WAY more sensitive in roll, and has a slightly abnormal landing technique in so much as there's not much space under the tail, so you don't perform a full stall landing. It climbs at a decent rate - much more so than the 152, has excellent visibility (eurostar like). At 20 quid an hour more than a 152, and 80 quid an hour less than the extra, I'd have said no-brainer!