PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shirts, Ties, Epaulettes and Flying Suits.
Old 23rd Jun 2002, 19:45
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LPL

"Many legal Eagles are starting to ditch the wig and gown"

Are they? An interesting suggestion because at the moment we have no choice in the matter. Wigs and gowns have not been abolished and therefore we have no option but to wear them. If I decided to ditch mine I would get very short shrift because it is still mandatory "uniform" in court. As it happens most of us are in favour of retaing wigs and gowns because they imbue a degree of anonimity which enables us to carry out our role without being seen as an individual .

As far as flying is concerned I often wear a flying suit whilst flying open cockpit or aerobatic aircraft because of the convenience of having everything contained within the pockets. I wouldn't dream of wearing such a suit if flying a spamcan (although many, many years ago we did wear the full kit including life jacket and bone dome whilst flying UAS Bulldogs). As to gloves I have to admit to still being attached to my old cape leathers particularly for the walk round and because I am so used to wearing them.

Did know a chap in the RAF who had "left" and "right" written on the back of his gloves after a slight misunderstanding with a vacation instruction from ATC. Now he's flying for BA I wonder whether he still flies wearing gloves.