PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS imposter rumbled
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 14:22
Diablo Rouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SKY News 7 Dec 2009.

A man who marched on Remembrance Day with an "impossible" 17 medals has denied he is a fake, saying he earned all the honours. Related photos / videos

Angry war veterans spotted the man taking part in the November 11 parade in Bedworth, Warwickshire.
Pinned to his lapel was the Distinguished Service Order and Military Cross - in addition to campaign medals stretching from World War Two to the Gulf.
He also wore three SAS badges and an SAS beret.
Military experts said it would have been "impossible" for one man to have been decorated with so many honours.
But 61-year-old Roger Day said all the medals were genuine - and so was he.
"They're all proper pukka campaign medals. Medals I won in conflicts while I was serving with the British forces," he told The Sun.
But when quizzed about his SAS background, he said the Official Secrets Act prevented him from giving details.
"All I can say is South Atlantic, the Gulf, Kuwait and one or two other stations," he said.
He suggested others had misidentified his medals because he "might have hung them in the wrong order".
Mr Day also rejected that he had fled the Bedworth service after being confronted by former servicemen and admitting he was a phoney.
"I saw it out to its bitter end and then went drinking with some ex-SAS buddies."
Reports said Mr Day was once also challenged by a real soldier at his local pub after talking up his efforts as an SAS hero.
However, he was backed by the vicar of the church where he was married.
"I do not think he is pretending," Graham Gittings told The Daily Mail.
"There are pictures of him in the Armed Forces in his home and he has given talks to church groups about war and peace."