PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian Aviation
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 12:26
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aseanaero et al,
Hangars? That's literally a nationwide problem that's largely been swept under the carpet...
There's a Pelita Hangar at Palembang that's not being used if anyone wants it! *grin*

However, the problem seems to be the legality of land ownership and land lease within airports. It's often not clear who owns the land and who can approve such a lease or what have you.

Budiarto's main problem is... road access... and it's proximity to CGK... and the flying schools have problems there with regards to pedantic legality of VFR flying (plus the flight permits, which is again, a factor against General Aviation here).

The sad thing is, general aviation is so underappreciated here. Guys quickly forget that to get to the big planes, you gotta start from flying little planes, even if only for 200hrs or so.

Choke G/A and you choke your pilot supply.

Massey058,
Merpati? It's not just a hot potato... many wouldn't touch it even with a bargepole!
Kualanamu? Lots of small little nightmares surrounding legality of land sales, the highway access tenders, etc etc etc.

GBV,
The DGAC needs to look at pax behaviour. When panicked, they get violent (I mean very violent) with the cabin crew. I know one FA who has a POB or another blunt object whenever addressing panicked or unruly pax. Several FAs I know from at least 2 carriers have been punched by panicked pax trying to evac when an evac isn't required.

The pax's complaint of being "abandoned" by the airline should be looked into. Pax demands for compensations have been going on a ridiculous slide into stupidity, even though the various airlines' past sins are sometimes to blame.

One FA gave me a typed letter once with only dotted lines to fill in for the Captain's name, the purser's name, and the length of the delay. The date and flight number was typed in. The letter basically stated if the delay exceeds X minutes, they would force the crew to agree to compensating the passengers, regardless of the reason (weather or an airport closure).

Several FAs have cited possibility of a new type of organized crime set to blackmail airlines for the most ridiculous things, from delays, to damaged bags (with the evidence nicely removed by the pax and the claim letter comes 1 month after the flight). It is a worrying trend that many airline management have largely turned a blind eye. Crew are beginning to feel like their licenses are "blame bait" once more.

Churchak,
Unbalance is created by acting through irresponsibility, arrogance of distorted minds that pretend to be above all and in heavenly atmospheres.
Oh boy, don't get me started on that one. Common sense doesn't exist on some of them. They blame their inability to gain employment on more progressive airlines (in terms of pay and human factors) on a conspiracy. Blame someone else is not unique to Indonesian aviation... it's basically the negative side of modern Indonesian society.

By contributing positively according to common sense, rules and regulations, flight safety in Indonesia will continue to rise.
Indeed. We can't change it overnight. Rock the boat too much and the scumbags will win. All we can do is fight it systematically, progressively, with cool, and increments that make common sense, and slowly eliminate the ones who prefer to stick their heads in the sand.

PK-KAR