PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC: 'Hung out to dry by our own side'
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 11:38
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did say that was my lot but reluctantly:

Come on Bookworm you know exactly why they would say that, you are just being mischevious.

I wonder how many IR holders could pass an initial IR check ride - and indeed why they would want to. I know I probably couldnt if I turned up tomorrow claiming I was a first time student and wanted to take the test.

Moreover, you know full well the check ride for the IMC rating is different to the check ride for an IR and presumably the check ride for an EIR would be different again. The check ride for an FAA IR is different from a JAA IR, and doubtless different from an ICAO IR check ride in outer Mongolia.

I recall many years ago I turned up for an IMCr renewal with a different instructor. The fella had an IR. He asked to see my PLOG and expected to see all the freezing levels calculated, W and B, and half a dozen other matters which were complete nonesense. (It was August and we couldnt have reached the freezing level if we spent all day trying). I went round the corner as they say to a chap who didnt have an IR but had 100 times the experience of our latter day saint.