PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI puts 600 jobs at risk?
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 11:20
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think AEU FO's are earning anywhere near what I earn each month.

You can dream it if you like, but I think you will find that AEU FO's are earning about 4000 quid a month. Before Tax.

I earn a lot more than that - so long as I fly regularly - which I do. So, I don't think your Maths is quite straight.

Anyway, this isn't about my pay, or my company. AEU, BD and AL for that matter have no links with my employer (thankfully).

This is about looking for sympathy when absolutely none was forthcoming in the other direction only one month ago.

Don't get me wrong, I wish there were jobs for all of us. But there isn't. If jobs must be lost, I'd rather they went from operators who have undercut and undermined other people's livelihoods.

And yes, I'm aware that I work for a lowcost airline who is trying the same thing. If my employer were to go under and that benefited everyone in the industry, then that may be a price worth paying. After all, I would find another job eventually, and hopefully that job would be worth having.......

But, please remember that you can't have it both ways. Charter has always been fickle, and AEU work in the most fickle end of it. You win, you lose.

So, to insinuate that I am not brimming with Goodwill to all men is correct. After all, the goodwill wasn't flowing the other way only recently.

Last edited by stansdead; 7th Dec 2009 at 11:23. Reason: spellcheck