PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tonights the big night...PC here we come
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 10:07
10W

PPRuNe Bashaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norman Allen was probably the football bloke

Incidentally, it was A Watch who handed over the operation from Atlantic House and received it in the new Prestwick Centre. It will also be the combined Prestwick Centre A Watch (Scottish and Manchester) who do the Manchester transition night as well.

Had a panel reset on my first night shift and although it took about 8 seconds to reset, it took much longer for the Panel and role pages to be populated with any data as all the telephone setup had been dropped. They were initially blank so I couldn't select anything. So the RT was back quickly but it was probably another minute or so before I could get any of the phones set up. I'm not sure that a system with random dropouts which can cause loss of comms for 8 seconds and the workload of then having to set up all your phones again is really desirable for an ATC operation which could be experiencing a busy period. Someone should be talking to the manufacturer to find out what the problem with the system is and come up with a fix. There were at least 4 other dropouts during the night shift on other sectors, but we're not to worry because it's a 'feature' of the system