PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job types available to low hour pilots - in "good times"?
Old 7th Dec 2009, 09:51
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Job types available to low hour pilots - in "good times"?

Hey all,

One thing that is constantly bugging me is what options do low hour pilots have in the "good times" for work, other than a self sponsored TR or a bond with an airline/jet company?

I'm concerned that if one has to pay £££££££ to get the licenses only to have a flying job that is very poorly paid (excluding airlines/jet jobs) i.e. less than £25k/yr, then it's going to be a struggle to live, pay off any loan and have any sort of life other than constantly working.

I was told that to become a charter pilot you need something like 700 PIC hours, so that's off the cards, unless you want to spend more money for an FI and be on low pay as an instructor, weather permitting.

I would be interested to hear of the options one does have in the good times and the salaries that go along with it?

Thanks.

Cirrus

P.S. I don't want negative stuff on this thread or pointless *rap, I want this to be positive/informative and of use to people.