PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 7th Dec 2009, 08:39
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell me this, what did you understand about 'the system' when you went to Oxford, apart from what they and a few others told you? What experience level did you have when you first walked on to the flightdeck of your 60t plus 737? Was there a system in place that you bypassed? What about all the SEP instructors, air taxi pilots and turboprop operators that applied for your job and didn't get it? Surely it's justifiable for them to apply the same logic to you?
As always everyone is more than happy to change the subject. And if there isn't an opportunity to change the subject then you create one by having a go at TheBeak. I went to OAA yes and I paid for it myself bar a small loan which was no risk to anyone. I applied to airlines and passed an interview - if I didn't I'd have worked, probably done an instructor rating and kept on applying - much like I am now (minus the FI rating because that too would be a waste of money right now). And I did it all on my own. I think I have had 3 hours paid for in my flying training by someone else. I am sure the other FTO leavers applied to airlines as well so I don't feel I bypassed the current system - I am sure you'll agree - though I have probably bypassed what is the correct system in my mind.

As someone said, the industry doesn't owe you a living, so don't try and buy it and make it owe you one. The market is always right, until some silly medaling little short termist comes and does something to artificially alter it for 'their' time. Ryanair is a classic example. Do this scheme at risk of stunting your potential.