PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset types in GA
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2009, 05:45
Reverseflowkeroburna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up X11's........Ok by me.

There have been very few posts regarding the DC X11's since around 2007.
I've had mine for approx. 35months/1700hrs in a workplace thats often 40+ degrees and/or 70+% RH on the apron with usually 2-6 sectors/day.

No problems with the headset itself so far. My only grievance comes from losing a channel on the lead used to connect the iPod. I can hardly blame DC for this as I replaced the offending one with an after market one and it has ended up the same. Both have failed at the end which has a right-angled connecter. Design flaw in the plug? The iPod sounds great through them btw.

Flip side; I admit the ANR/audio performance probably isn't a good as the Bose, but I was aware of and happy with this prior to purchase. I'm increasingly flying singles so I like to hear what may be going on!

My previous DC's served me faultlessly for 10 years. I choose the X11's for that durability/dependability. I'm not in any way dissapointed thus far. In fact, I'd go as far to say that their performance in the aforementioned environment is a credit to DC. I have a preference for Nokia phones for the same reasons and I've had a phone battery melt on me in this climate.

X11's