PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 6th Dec 2009, 18:30
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tommyg737 you are either trying to coerce an argument or you really do have a very short sighted outlook on life. Without the players there is no game. I 'hate' the players.

Why do airlines employ cadets?......
Up to now other airlines schemes and Ryanair were incomparable - Ryanair used and abused and other airlines offered a mutual investment in each other via bonded TRs/ reduced salaries. Of course Easyjet is now following suit via CTC and are quite frankly making themselves look very slow, unimaginative and silly. Flybe still offer a relatively good package which requires no monetary investment from the trainee. As for the other airlines - let's wait and see what they do, we are yet to see much movement that would give some substance to comment on anywhere. Sure we could discuss Wizz Airs scheme in which they charge 51000 Euros for a training package - but then they are owned by the same as Ryanair.

Thridly, with my point on basic economics. You will always find someone who will do something for less. I have seen some of the most moralistic, self-righteous people behave this way. The airline industry is no different. It was ruined years ago, long before the sniffy nosed 19-22 year old Ryanair cadet ,that TheBeak likes to preach his 'hallelujah's' to, grew out of short pants!
And that's what it boils down to, my whole point, we are left with the lowest common denominator flying the fare paying public through the skies.

You will always find someone who will do something for less.
The words you missed off the end are 'if they can'. Which is where in most cases the 'mummy and daddy' factor springs in. Who gives a about experience anymore, if it's legal and it's cheap, it's best. It's a short term attitude. I have said what I have said as clearly as I can be bothered to say it in my last post. No one can prove the future and it really boils down to whether you care about what lies ahead or if you are more than busy and happy with the present. If you fit the former profile the future of an airline pilot is incredibly worrying. If you sit more in the later camp, like tommyg737, then you will probably learn the hard way. What you don't know CAN hurt you. Start looking ahead.

Callsign Kilo, you offer a constructive argument and I ask you and others who are going to comment to keep it respectful and mannerly rather than allow this thread to descend into the usual slanging match that it always does.