PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 6th Dec 2009, 14:33
spanner the cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Callsign Kilo but your post rather makes Beaky's point - although as you rightly point out RYR aren't the only ones doing it. It's a festering sore in the industry but it has to be said that RYR have headed the plunge to the bottom. Indeed previous logic - where you needed experience to get a job has been turned on its head. Now you can't get a job unless you have no experience as you're not a cash opportunity for your employer.

I think BA does the cadet-thang because they are more easily able to mould their recruit into something that resembles a Nigel. They took on a lot of DEP's as well and the Cadets cost them a lot more to train - although aren't paid as much. I wouldn't quite lump BA in with RYR and Co.

I did traditional route myself and aside from the fact that it was fun and I learned a lot - I'd have been very pleased going straight into the RHS of a big shiny jet as would most.

The bottom line is that these guys don't understand what it is that they're doing to their future T's & C's. They'll see it one day, but not yet and I hope it isn't too late by then; and I think we know what the answer is to that one too.

Spanner