PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ED@EK
Thread: ED@EK
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2009, 04:50
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do agree about TC. He is a clever businessman and good salesman. He lacks the HR gifts though.
In business as in the military there is a common wisdom that leaders are good at certain things, less gifted at others. It is also know throughout the sports world that managers have some kind of expiry date.
TC was certainly good at building up EK, giving it a good brand.
Now that it is established, his time has come. He is not the kind of manager to sustain a successful business, some other characters are better suited for that. We need a breath of fresh air that can keep the team together. I know of no one that would belittle TCs success, but no one likes him. Not that this is a necessity in todays airline environement, but if you end up with leaders that anytime they publish something the subordinates experience a rush of bad adrenaline, then you have a problem. MF is senile, thus excused, TC hates pilots we therefore hate him, both seem to know the other's value though. It's another story with AAR. He is simply incompetent and irresponsible because untouchable. AS and ED are deplorable despots only.
With such a team it is not astonishing that people leave even without good perspectives, that people apply but don't show up. It is not the evil western media' it is home made from Dubai Inc and the abysmal leadership.