PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2009, 02:28
pasptoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Money, Money, Money, we are all taxpayers!

Crab,

Like I mentioned in post 1241, re pensions costs etc, I suppose what the taxpayer saves on your and others pensions or savings on Boarding School Allowances, a little might find its way into the pockets of some shareholder. In fact if you bought shares in the winning company you could get double your pension, now there is a thought!

As for NVG, do you start SARF as a NVG guru or do you have to learn like everyone else? Yes there are a few out there with 100s of goggle hours but there will also be those in civsar with 100s too. My guess is anyone with NVG instructional time might be head hunted to provide a suitable base intro to NVG, my guess is a lot of civsar have flown on NVG before….no?......and they wouldn’t necessarily need to be yellow! Green, grey, red and grey?

Coastal or Inland, I guess you go where you are tasked. Nowhere in the UK is more than 65 Nm (30mins) from the coast! We ARE a COASTAL nation.

Senior Trooper – “why wasn’t Crab@ the SAR conf?” Too busy hustling on pprune I’d guess………..

Pas.

Ps Well done to HMS Gannet SAR Flight for another year in the record books, 400+ call-outs and still 4 weeks to go. I guess there aren’t many inflatables off Chivenor these days.