PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy worse than Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 22:58
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stakeknife - be under no doubt of my intention to support our German colleagues. I also totally agree with benchmarking against local conditions - that does not mean Italian or Spanish contracts. It is critical that we use this current window of opportunity to engage with the company or it will escalate out of control very quickly. My own view is that there will be another throw of the dice in the form of a new offer on German Contacts. The company know how unacceptable the current offer is and that feelings are running high. If not I fear industrial action may be inevitable. I simply do not believe the company can allow the current dissatisfaction spread throughout all bases and they will back down to some extent - the question is how much? BALPA have my complete support and will no doubt be waiting to see the company's next move. Like I have said all along, there has to be a plan and I still believe a compromise is possible that is acceptable to all. That is why I do not believe the German contract issue is the sticking point - we will win that one. The real problem lies in the numerous other little niggles which when taken together makes us nibbled to death by ducks. That is why any compromise solution to the German contract must consider all these other issues. The next few days will be very interesting indeed.