PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf Engagement Survey Results
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 07:02
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spunksta,
Quote:
What is everyone's opinion?

... Do you think QF is too far gone to be redeemed as the great airline it once was?
... What do you think needs to change in order to see more crew engaged?

...What would you do to change the culture?

...And, what do you think the company will do to get more crew back 'on-side'?
The first positive is that 'Darth' is gone. The second suggestion would be for QF to go back to basics and read and implement ICAO's draft of a 'Just Culture'.
Gotta start somewhere.
  1. QF isn't too far gone. YET! At least not as far gone as G.D. and his $11,000,000.00
  2. Not only do more crew need to be engaged, but more people across the company need to be reengaged. No matter who I talk with within QF, it's the same story. Understaffed, stretched to the limit, outdated equipment, etc, etc. I have never seen morale as low as it is within QANTAS, and it won't be fixed by roadshows. QANTAS is a good company but is mismanaged like the state of NSW.
  3. Culture is not an easy thing to change. It is deepseated and deeply rooted within the company. And when I say company, I mean individuals who will do whatever it takes to achieve their own goal, no matter the expense. Maybe the "culture" has to change at the top. This may mean that target bonuses are scrapped, accountability for poor decision making is introduced and the individual/committee made responsible and dealt with accordingly (and I don't mean promoted to another section to bring that one down either).
  4. I don't even believe that the company (upper management) is interested in getting people back on side. When you look at the average tenure of the upper echelons, they're all blow-ins, hand picked by their mates. When their time is up, they move on to bigger and better things, and leave the mess for the staff to clean up, knowing they will clean it up or in the least, keep the airline going.