PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Midex Airlines (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 04:20
tomjonesca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For all you "In the Know People"....

Well, I'm back. Sitting in my apartment, I bit the bullet and came to PPrune to see what dribble has been posted lately by all those that "know about Midex". So, here we go.

1. The passing of Mark was a great loss to everyone that knew him. I personally didn't but I heard nothing but good things about him. Fact: his Wife did not call Atlas for help... David McLane made the call. He used his past employment there and friends to get the job done. David and Mark were good friends. Fact: the reason this was done is because of all the red tape that takes place in the UAE. The company (Midex) did step up and take care of everything possible, to include flying Marks's Wife and Mother-in-Law round trip to the UAE, took care of them while they were here and made sure everything that could be done was done. For those of us that have lived here for some time know that things take forever to get done. Asking Atlas to take Mark to the USA only helped to make things move faster. It was NOT because Midex wasn't trying to help. If you're gonna spit dribble here, make sure you know where you're spitting and at who.

2. Our monthly pay: Well, once again this is not a Midex caused problem for our pay ending in November. Right now, as I write this, the UAE is celebrating it's 38th year of independance (I agree, big deal). But the downfall to that is... everything that has to do with business is closed until Sunday. Everything has been closed since Dec 1. It's a 5 day celebration and there is nothing we can do about that. Our pay will be here when the banks open again on Sunday. Midex is NOT holding our pay for some unknown reason. Though I have to admit, they could have paid us early but... that didn't happen. Again, if you're gonna spit dribble, make sure you know where you're spitting.

3. Those that leave in the middle of the night: It has not been "more like 12" that have left. With the one that left on Dec 2nd, that brings our total leaving at 6. The others that left gave a 30 day notice. Those that left in the middle of the night were all Airbus guys.

4. December 2nd: Midex finalized the purchase of two additional 747-200s from Air France. They are "scheduled" as of today to be in possession in March, online flying by May. Don't hold me to this, we all know things change day to day. I only hope they are able to find crews to fly here based the current duty times required here.

5. I am not a one to stand on a box and shout the goodness of Midex Airlines. Midex has many problems... some of them are really, really bad. I don't know if they will ever be fixed because the owner of this airline has his own ideas about how an airline should be and how it's crews should be treated. We do things here that I have never experienced in 33 years of aviation and 7 airlines. But... I am here by choice and choice only. So because of that, I only complain to those I fly with... not on this websight. I read the "dribble" that some put here and again, it's not always correct information.

Midex has started a few new contracts for the Airbus... we can only hope it all works out as there are some snags in the program. Hopefully the learning curve will straighten out and things will get better... we can only hope.

OK... I guess I'll go to the Omni websight now and bad mouth them for awhile, since I did work for them 10 years ago and that qualifies me to go to their thread and say things that aren't true. You all have a good day.

Regards... Tom