PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overweight Landing and Field Length
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 03:18
Haroon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thankyou SuddenWinds, ITCZ and Pitch Up Authority for your posts.

Pitch Up Authority:

You mentioned that,

Any margin that a company wants to build in is at their own discretion and policy
But the company minima cannot be below the regulatory minima, please correct me if I am wrong.

Secondly you mentioned that,

There is no regulation that requires factoring
But as pointed out by FE Hoppy earlier in this discussion JAR OPS 1.475 and 1.515 states the regulation which requires this factoring for in flight re-planning (if there is no emergency).

Though I am not a test pilot but I am optimistic that I would be able to land within the landing distance available in conditions which are mentioned in this post. I believe even those who say they wont land in these conditions are able to do so.

But we are not optimistic about the fact that absolutely nothing can go wrong. It is very much possible to enter the Caution Zone after landing (if nothing else goes wrong) and if a tire deflates and one is unable to vacate the runway then is there something that will protect us from the legal side especially when the regulation does not allow us to land unfactored.

Things can go wrong even after full compliance with the regulations but at least we are legally covered. So basically at this point of discussion we are trying to focus more on the legal side because we need protection on that end apart from passenger and flight safety.