PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Goose corridor
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2009, 00:47
ExAdvert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, ok everybody be cool......

By a strange twist of fate, I actually found myself living in my old room next door to The Goose in said corridor for one night only 2 weeks ago - approximately 5 years after leaving the RAF! Which was slightly surreal....

Anyway, I can confirm that:

1. The Goose Corridor & around 90% of its "historic" artwork are intact. As a previous post mentions, some of it (just to the left of the 43 (F) Sqn crest) has been lost due to the installation of another set of fire doors but this isn't a lot.

2. The Goose itself has been tidied up & is still going strong under new management despite the best efforts of the current CBFFI (or whatever he calls himself now) to close it down. Some of the more risque items (well, actually pants - we all wear them, so what's so risque about that?) have had to be removed which is frankly a sad indictment on our PC-mad Service culture these days - it's a bar, sorry lounge for Fighter Aircrew for f**k's sake! Anyway, all the main artefacts (F-4 wing, mural, etc) are still there.

3. The Typhoon guys are more than aware of the history of the place & the heritage they have inherited (remember more than a few of them are ex-F3 mates too) & are looking after it in the finest traditions.

Brought back more than a few good memories. And I can't walk down that corridor without stopping to look & read either - used to take me ages just to go to the shower!

Thanks for "hosting" me guys & top beach party!