PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does it bother you if we come back for a chat and what about Electronic ciggies
Old 4th Dec 2009, 23:08
Glamgirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I don't work for Emirates, but I just wanted to say that it's nice when passengers come for a chat in the galley. A couple of hint & tips, if I may:
Please wait until after meal service, as it gets very busy around the galley at this time. Also, please bear in mind that it can take a little while to tidy up the galley after a meal service... Coopz67, this isn't specifically pointed to you, by the way.

In regards to the electronic cigarette, may I recommend that you let the crew know as soon as possible (at least before the first usage on board), and that you use their guidance as in where to use this "cigarette". I wouldn't recommend using it whilst in your seat, due to (as you said) that it might scare other passengers - or even make other passengers think that smoking (regular cigarettes) is allowed.

I've had a few passengers using these "cigarettes" on board, and they have all told me about it beforehand. I encouraged them to stand near the rear galley whilst "smoking", as it was out of sight of passengers. Also, as a lot of countries now have a smoking ban in public places, it might make it more like going outside for a cigarette, as you would on the ground. I will point out though, that do not attempt to go outside whilst on an aircraft - unless disembarking, of course...

I hope you enjoy your next flight.

Gg

Last edited by Glamgirl; 4th Dec 2009 at 23:09. Reason: typo