PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff Aviance
Thread: Cardiff Aviance
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 22:55
mathers_wales_uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This really shouldn't be turned into a Servisair vs Aviance thing. Everyone is now one team whatever uniform they are wearing.
Unfortunatly there has been that devide and still is allthough we have been through the Summer season as one company.

they got rid of all sa managers and zero hour staff
I have to say all managers at Aviance and Servisiar had to re-apply for their jobs when Aviance took on the Servisair staff. If the selection process was unfair then thats down to an individuals opinion and i'm sure the outcome was selected on normal criteria.

All Zero hour and summer temp staff were always going to have their employment terminated at the end of the summer period if the winter schedule didn't justify the staffing levels that was emplyed by the company. All summer temp staff at Aviance be it ex servisair or aviance or those not on permanent contracts were not kept on at the end of summer season.

I really can't see why there is such a devide to be honest with you and why such bad opinion of Aviance at CWL because this is how it happened.
  • At begining of summer season Servisair pulled out as operation wasn't profitable
  • Aviance took on all Servisair contracts and staff
  • Too many manager costing a lot of money so managers had to apply for jobs.
  • Some managers made redundant or took redundancy
  • End of summer season so every body not on permanent contract left the company
  • Servisair buys Aviance
Could they have held on through the summer period if they had this in the pipeline? Did Servisair want Aviance to look like the nasty ones and then Servisair becomes the saviour? Who knows theres a lot of confused people out there.

We are all colleagues now working for Aviance and soon to be Servisair.