PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does it bother you if we come back for a chat and what about Electronic ciggies
Old 4th Dec 2009, 22:29
Coopz67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it bother you if we come back for a chat and what about Electronic ciggies

Hi all.
I fly often from DXB-LHR on Ek's 773's.
Usually at the back about 47B. I like going to the galley at the back and have a chat with the crew, although I try to avoid it when you're having your food and a break. I've always found it a pleasant experience and as I am based in Dubai, enjoyed having a drink and swapping tales and general gossip about the town. Does it bother you when pax enter the galley, do you prefer them in the cabin ?
My other question is I often go to the toilet and smoke my electronic cigarette. I am aware this can set off the smoke alarm but it dissipates very quickly and of course is an odourless vapour and non flammable. I do it because I feel it would freak other pax around me seeing the end lit up and what appears to be smoke being exhaled. There doesent seem to be any clear legislation on this or at least its not on the safety warning or any PA. What are your thoughts on this.
To end, I'd just like to say thanks for all the warm welcomes, chats and extra Jack Daniels you've dished out over the years and next time if I come to the back can I smoke (vape) my electronic ciggie

Coopz67