PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DH, DA and MDA
Thread: DH, DA and MDA
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 21:35
Kiltie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I concur with BOAC here. Perhaps we are both about to get red faces but I haven't heard of EU-Ops removing the 50' increment. You may very well be right though so I am keen to get to the bottom of this. One Outsider can you clarify what you mean by flying a non precision approach by "conventional means?" Do you mean by reference to ground based nav aid signals as opposed to some kind of PRNAV approach using the map display? If so this is a new one on me since we add the 50' increment as always to mitigate the "sink below" risk on go-around froma CDA, and we are EU Ops.

411A adding 50 feet is not a "nonsense". It is a recognised technique for CDAs, but I agree not necessary for dive and drive.

I can understand some companies not bugging the 50' increment per se so long as it is qualified with the rule that the go around intervention must take place prior to reaching MDA.

If this is for real then it opens up an important examining difference which I have not experienced yet on my recurrents under EU Ops