PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways check pilot pulls CB on finals
Old 4th Dec 2009, 20:47
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
Smile

akindofmagic..........

You said at Post#31:

The training captain in this case has done something that is, on the face of it, illegal; he has wilfully gone against the manufacturer's recommendation...
WRONG!

Disregard of a recommendation does NOT make the action illegal! What does seem to make the action illegal though is what appears to be (on the face of it) the idiot's intentional and unlawful interference with the aircraft!

Boeing recommendations for C/Bs (applies to both 737 and 777):

Flight crew reset of a tripped circuit breaker in flight is not recommended unless specifically directed to do so in a non-normal checklist.

Flight crew cycling (pulling and resetting) of circuit breakers to clear non-normal conditions is not recommended.

I don't know about Airbus as I never flew them, but from what I do know about the bus is that loss of radalt would probably have resulted in some unexpected handling differences re transition from flight mode to flare mode. Any bus drivers care to comment?

Irrespective, as Allocate on Arrival says in Post#61

It's about how to legally/safely operate an aircraft - experimenting with CB's in a serviceable aircraft when travelling as a passenger(!) doesn't even begin to fit into either category.
I agree! And I also agree with sabenaboy's sentiments in post#63 that:

...it's not wise to do stuff like that on the flightdeck.