PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Pilot Training Center
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 17:49
nicholasblonde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me, or are there a lot of people from outside the US who seem to get ripped off by TRTOs and line-training providers here or Europe or wherever and just act like they are helpless and lost all their money? "Oh poor me, they took my $20000 and I can't do anything about it."

I haven't heard too many Americans on here or anywhere complaining about how someone victimized them and took their $20000--want to know why?
In America, if someone take even one dollar from you YOU SUE THEM AS MANY TIMES AND AS MANY WAYS AS POSSIBLE UNTIL YOU WIN. The USA has a whole lot of problems like poverty, healthcare, and ultra-capitalism, but one GOOD thing we have going for us is that we have one of the most robust civil court systems on Earth. Property rights are enforced, and if someone defrauds you or takes your money, even without a written contract, YOU SUE THEM. End of story.

The way contract law works in the US, even if there is a verbal agreement and no signed documents, and even if there is a signed document that says "we don't give any refunds" if they didn't provide anything to you for your money, you GET IT BACK.

Why do you not hear any Americans complaining about losing money to a TRTO? I don't think it's just because we have lots of guns here. I think if the same thing happened to some bloke here, he would have already got his money back, or had that company shut down...believe me.

The way many of these companies work is that they find foreigners and Europeans who are more accustomed to the "nicer" way of life over there--you come over here and people are cutthroat and we are all used to taking money from each other all the time...companies like Bond survive because you are too afraid to sue them...if they did this to some guy from LA or NYC, they would either find themselves bleeding on the street or drug into the nearest courtroom for an expensive and lengthy trial, which you will win...

I'm not sure what kind of justice system you have up in Canada...but in America, any self-respecting American would have SUED THOSE IDIOTS IN COURT BY NOW for the $11,000 PLUS lost wages.

If you come to America you have to think like a lawyer/judge--everyone else does. We are the most litigious country in the world with the largest number of adversarial lawsuits against other per capita on the planet--for whatever problems we have as a society, I can say one thing for sure--it's good that you can always sue anyone for anything that comes down to money or property....it goes hand-in-hand with our ultra-capitalism.

Please, please, please contact a lawyer in the city where Bond is based and get a free consultation on whether you can sue them or not in civil claims court. Also contact a lawyer in your home city in Canada and see if there is any way you can haul them up to a Canadian court and try them for fraud.

Gather ALL documentation, bank statements, print off anything that was on their website (there are sites that archive old versions of pages). Your lawyer and judge can subpoena all evidence from that company.

98% of the time, just a threat letter from your lawyer to them will get your money back--do you think they would rather pay $1000+ for a lawyer to defend themselves in court, with a high risk of losing your money, PLUS your legal fees, PLUS their legal fees, or simply refund your money???

Stop crying--get a lawyer...this goes for anyone who has ever been ripped off in the US of A....