PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff Aviance
Thread: Cardiff Aviance
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 16:26
TFLYCREW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tommyflyer, lossing anyones job in this current climate is worrying for all of us in aviation. My understanding is that Aviance were obliged under TUPE to take on ex servisair staff as they were taking on servisair work for example TOM and TCX and a few other airlines operating from CWL. So if Aviance had declined to take on the extra work from Servisair they would of not had to take on Servisair staff when they closed their operation at CWL. I am neither an employee from Servisair or Aviance but crew, so correct me if im wrong but Aviance taking on the work left behind when Servisair decided to close secured many jobs (not all i know) for Servisair staff and if they hadnt many more would of been out of work this summer. If I were servisair staff I would be thanking Aviance for securing me in employment during these difficult times in our industry. I hope everyone is ok on the job front with the announcement that Servisair have taken over Aviance and wish you all luck. The same can be said in the air and on the ground its all the same s**t different uniform!!!