PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overweight landings and aircraft checks
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 14:12
Tinwacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harder landing

As stated in 3.B.(1), the primary source to identify a suspected hard landing is the flight crew
True, as the first course of action but there is more to that paragraph as the following was added after my company discovered to it's cost.

2 weeks after an event with no crew report, and analysing what was a random report 15 data sheet which was not clear at first hand.
Got an understanding how to translate the code 4xxx after sending the data to Airbus. We discovered that particular aircraft was grounded and required both main gears to be replaced - hey what a shock for us...

'Therefore, triggering of a load report 15 does not necessarily mean that a hard landing has occurred.
A single parameter in the data will cause a trigger but that is for you to explore if coded 4xxx. my words.
Nevertheless, there have been cases on which load report 15 has triggered without pilot report and subsequent investigation has confirmed the hard landing. Hence Airbus recommends that whenever load report 15 is generated with trigger code 4XXX other than 4000, it should be systematically investigated and handled as a suspected hard landing and classified as detailed in subtask 05-51-11-941-056 B.(3) "Action following a confirmed hard/overweight landing".'

Added and amended to the AMM after my companies finding....

TW