PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oman Air - Positives and Negatives...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2002, 00:11
Unrestricted Climb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

Living in Oman is a great experience: Muscat is a nice little city, far from the hassle you can experience elsewhere in the Middle East and the country is a jewel, by the time you like spending your time-off outside.
I've been living here for almost 7 years now and I'm far from being fed up with this country. albeit it's getting hot during summertime.
Life here is quite easy but you'll daily have to deal with the Omanis. Don't take me wrong, they're great people but, compare to the western countries, everything goes slowly in the M.E. I had to learn how to be patient and diplomat, not only at work, in my daily life as well.
One more thing you have to know before taking any decision about coming here or not, they DO NOT like to spend their money. As soon as they have to pay for something, it's all becoming a long bargain and they will do their best to delay the payment as much as possible. That said, I work for DGCAM here and I NEVER had any problem of this kind with them. Everything comes at a certain time.
As for a possible contract, I can't really tell you how it works but obviously some pilots here can feed you with all the necessary details.

Regards