PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC: 'Hung out to dry by our own side'
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 12:19
Utfart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the documents available from EASA, dated October 3rd 2008, the objectives of the FCL.008 group are as follows:

"3. Objectives:
Review the existing JAR-FCL requirements for the Instrument Rating with a view to evaluate the possibility of reducing these requirements for private pilots flying under Instrument Flight Rules. This evaluation shall take into account the ICAO Annex 1 SARPs for the issue of an IR

Review the requirements of the UK IMC rating and other national qualifications for flying in IMC and consider whether there is a need to develop an additional European rating to fly in IMC with less training but also with limited privileges

Review the existing national requirements for cloud flying with sailplanes and assess the need for an additional European rating for sailplane pilots to fly in IMC

Take into account Air Traffic Control (ATC) requirements regarding Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) flights

Amend the proposed requirements for the instrument rating if necessary
"

where does it say they are tasked with saving the UK IMCR? I don't care because I don't fly in the UK, but when I read this it says they will review the existing requirements to consider the development of a rating separate from the IR....period. I've never met Jim Thorpe either, but it seems silly to get the facts wrong while being so vicious.