PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 4th Dec 2009, 08:23
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree Antonov, I think Smith makes perfect sense. And that isn't me having something against you personally. Putting monetary values aside, how can a company justify making their workers pay for their uniform? It's absurd when they are posting 200 million + Euro profits.

If you don't think that Ryanairs bubble is going to burst, then why do you think MOL has talked about leaving in 2-3 years time? See:

Ryanair Boss Will Quit In Three Years | Self-Catering-Breaks News

O?Leary to leave Ryanair in about 3 years

Ryanair CEO says expects to quit in 2-3 years | Reuters

He knows. 'Rats always flee a sinking ship' as they say. This business model is a very short term, overly engineered pile of crap. Ryanair is literally infecting every airline in most corners of the world. And do you think that 3000 on a 737-800 with Ryanair is going to help you get into an airline beyond Ryanair? Do you know anyone that was at Excel? Maybe 6 years ago it might have but not anymore. The wonderful Ryanair put an end to that being possible when they showed the industry that there are enough cheating, self centred, queue jumping, impatient little bell ends out there that are willing to spend an extortionate amount of money to legally do what an expensive, relatively experienced FO can do for pay. You lot have bitten the hand that feeds you. As always inertia is a key factor here and for something this large, you wont feel the effects of what you have done for a little while. But when you feel it, there'll be nothing you can do - at least you'll have realised your 'dream'. Don't take all this personally, I am sure in a bar or a a cockpit we'd all get on well (though no doubt some 19 year old Ryanair 'pilot' who is going through adolescence will say otherwise), you are doing what you need to do, but you really are ruining it for the rest of us and for yourselves in the future. Enjoy it while it lasts.

As for the sim costing a grand or £260 - unless you live at the location it's will cost you anywhere between £20 and a few hundred to get there, you may need a hotel too. I don't suppose they provide lunch either or a drink do they? No? I didn't think so. It all adds up.

If they needed you, they'd pay for you.