PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA FOI conflict of interest - or not?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 04:53
Lodown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My interpretation for what it's worth is that the guy is out there on the CASA's shekel and should be doing the work solely associated with the duties for which he is being paid. If he/she wants to sell STD's (what a lovely acronym) at the same time, then he should be reimbursing some share to the CASA with the approval and full knowledge of the CASA. If he/she tells you that you need an STD and then provides a list of suppliers from whom you can purchase from and discloses that he/she is the director (?) of one of them and leaves it at that, then I think that is acceptible and appropriate. But to take off the CASA cap and put on the sales hat is unethical to my way of warped thinking. It might not be quite crossing the line to a conflict of interest, but that's where it will inevitably lead and there have been more than a few CASA staff blaze that trail ahead of him. A short diplomatic email or phone call to his/her supervisor that touches the subject, but doesn't make accusations might be an appropriate response.