PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class D Zones for Broome & Karratha
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2009, 03:48
Capn Bloggs

Received 76 Likes on 44 Posts
Dick (Chief Pilot of Cargo Cult Airways),
Yes , I know , a small number of ATC's including ARFOR want to provide class C as they want to take on more responsibility and liability without any extra income for AsA. They are actually charitable workers and don't really want their salaries linked in any way with the actual income they produce for their employer!
Yes, ARFOR et al actually see the benefit in not having to put up with IFRs, like self, telling them that I'm doing this and that to self-segregate from VFR KFF coming from PBO or KFQ from Pannawonica, dodging DON parachuting over Whickham at 10,000ft when I'm inbound from YPPD. Apart from not messing up his traffic sequence, there will be a lot less jibber on the frequency if it were C.

As I have said before (ignored by you, naturally), having E does not mean VFR aircraft go away. They just become invisible (your words) to the controller. They are actually a bigger threat to me then because not only do I have to do what ATC tells me to, I also have to make sure I do not bang into one of them!