PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solenta
Thread: Solenta
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2002, 21:01
NukeFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FlyGuysa

Unfortunately, a few guys have been burned, and I respect you for spending a few tours up in Africa, with them.

You obviously got in early with them and that makes a big difference, compared with guys trying to get in now. Good luck as more retrenchement takes place.

I respect anybody who does his job and helps anybody out, and I would go out of my way to help that person.

But when it comes to messing around pilots, operational procedures not by the book and in general caos, just to make that extra little buck for the purposes of mgt. enjoyment and pilot exploitation, I have no respect for those people and company who take that advantage.

Pilot Exploitation in SA is rife as there are no governing standards/bodies for pilots in commercial operations other than airlines!

I read your thread on Pelican Air, I too hope for good in the future, but the future for aviation lies in the hands of our new upcoming fleet of young guys willing to make a difference, and make a difference that counts to everybody.

The question is, has anybody got any balls to stand up to various people and institutions to warrent change, and not selfishly think about their no. of hours they need to build and willing to do almost anything to get them?

But hey, it will always remain the same! As one Senior Emirates Training Captain said to me; At the end of the day, most pilots will never stick together.

Take care, gotta fly

N