PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 19:15
blackred1443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to irishpilot
Most of the guys with issues are guys who had experience elsewhere, and hence Ryanair do not want...jealousy is a bitch!

What are they jealous of - the fact you have to pay a specified accountant 3% of your gross salary per annum and a one off fee of 500 euro to set up your company,no sick pay, no permenant contract, no loss of licence, no holiday pay, no pension, no guarantee of hours per month, the dodgy tax affairs, pay for your own lpc/opc,the 33k this costs you,the fact your actions are having a direct effect on t&c across the industry,the fact your or mummy and daddys bank balance had as much to do with you getting the job as did your performance during your sim check,or the fact you had to pay for your sim check and interview

As for the experienced 737 pilots who have the misfortune to be unemployed right now, they are probably desperate for a job but dont for a minute fool yourself into thinking many of them are jealous of you
They maybe very annoyed about what is happening in the industry as a result of these pay to fly schemes that ryr and the rest offer but i doubt they are jealous.

Not 6 years ago my friend i got my first job flying a jet, i got paid from day one, i got put up in a hotel during my type rating,line training and for a month after my line training had finished to allow me time to find my own accomodation, i had a pension,private health care, loss of licence holiday pay, sick pay, and i didnt have to pay for my type rating.
I basically got everything you don't get.Now thats something worthy of jealousy

Be under no illusion irish pilot you employer thinks nothing of your worth, he sees you a someone who legally must sit in the right seat,and sees how recruiting you is a source of revenue nothing more. He doesnt rate your contribution as a pilot or believe in your worth, hence your terms and in my opinion you agreed with him when you signed the contract.He doesn't offer sick pay because he doesnt care if you fall ill, cant work, cant pay your mortgage,car loan etc. Many will feel sorry for your naivety, but very few are jealous.

To answer your question, no i wouldn't be at home sitting on my bum waiting for the next boom. I tend not to sit at home on my bum just because things are going wrong. There are other options. Before you tell me ryr are they only employer in a planet in a world of nearly 7 billion people, people don't.

Take care