PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plantronics C70 Wireless GAP DECT Headset (and similar)
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 15:39
The late XV105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plantronics C70 Wireless GAP DECT Headset (and similar)

When in the UK I spend most of my work time working from home, and a fair part of that time engaged in long conference calls. I use a normal domestic DECT phone in my home office for this, but it has two shortcomings
  • "Speak up, I can't hear you" from the other party when I use it in speakerphone mode on the desk
  • That it disconnects an ongoing call if the handset goes from hands free to docked in the charger cradle during the call

With some careful juggling I can work round the second problem by taking my corded phone off its cradle, docking the DECT phone, grabbing a second DECT phone, resuming the call, hanging up the corded phone (which served only to keep the line alive as my DECT handsets do not support call transfer), and switching the DECT phone to speakerphone mode, but then the first problem still applies!

Quite by chance though today I came across the Plantronics C70 Wireless GAP DECT Headset that appears to operate as a "dumb" DECT device. i.e it is registered with the base station and used simply as a speech device, the actual call being handled by a DECT handset.

Does any PPRuNer have experience of this or similar devices before I spend the spondulicks, please? Of particular importance is battery life!

TVM
XV