PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Dec 2009, 14:34
NDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difficult Situation

Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm in a difficult situation at the moment so I'm on here to see what advice you guys could give me.

Basically I'm currently studying two AS Level Subjects ; History and Geography. But they at the start of the year, they messed me around with my subjects meaning I could only to do A levels
I am enjoying them both, however I had a desire to study A level Mathematics, but the college I am studying with did not allow it due to the fact that I achieved a Grade C ( they wanted a Grade B or higher)

I Achieved in my Main 5 GCSE's

Mathematics - C - (9 Marks of a Grade B)
English Language - B
Science - Double Award - C x 2
Geography - C

I appreciate that for someone who is aiming for Aircrew, that they are not tip top.

So I was in touch with a school friend who goes to a sixth form near my college, and he said that I can do 4 AS subjects including Mathematics with Mechanics with a Grade C. This was confirmed by the sixth form centre staff, but my main problem is would the RAF Interviewers at both AFCO and OASC look down upon me for taking ages to do my A levels.

I have been talking to my parents today, and they both have different opinions...

My dad says that I should ask whether me grades are suitable for Non- commisioned Aircrew e.g. Crewman, and start my application ; where-as my Mum is saying that I should stay on and do my A levels and go for Navigator / WSO ( which is what I want )

Im nearly 18, and by the time that I have finalised my A levels I will be pushing 20 neary 21 years of age.

I want to go for Navigator / WSO, but another side of me wants to go for WSOp.

That is my concerned situation, so thank you very much for taking the time to read this 'essay', but I would appreciate to see what you guys think.

Yours faithfully

Nathan Wilson